The Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme (NJFP) is one of the creative ways, the Nigerian government is looking at reducing the unemployment among the youths in the country. Thanks to United Nations Development Program (UNDP) who has partnered with the Nigerian government on this.
If you are seeking to get a job as a graduate over the last couple of years, this is an opportunity to be employed, since this program will only last for one year for fellows on each batch, it should be an advantage to get something with this program.
The Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme is set to connect highly skilled Nigerian youths to public and Private sectors, it aligned them with different firms who have registered under this scheme and provide a stipend to the fellows so that they can be financially free, aside from the monetary aspect, some fellows may get lucky to be retained and those who are not must have gotten some entrepreneur skills that they can rely on.
If you are among the Nigerian Youths looking for a job, never allow this opportunity to sleep you by, and if it does then you will need to wait patiently for the next round.
The program is meant to last for 12 months, if you are successfully picked, participants will be fully engaged on skills that will enhance employability, leadership competency, and more.
The Benefits Of The Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme (NJFP) For Fellows
- Fellows who are picked would be matched with host organizations based on their interests, also if it aligned with the organization’s goal.
- Fellows will receive a monthly stipend from Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme (NJFP)
- High-performing Jubilee Fellows may be retained by their respective host organizations.
- Those who are interested in entrepreneurship would gain sufficient skills and knowledge on the job that can give them another better path in life.
- They can access future jobs and employment opportunities with the acquired on-the-job skills & competencies, experience. exposure and a formidable alumni network
- The alumni network of the program can be leveraged for better positioning in the job market.
What is the purpose of the Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme
The program is to empower the Nigerian graduates with opportunities in the local job market, the Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme (NJFP) is a youth empowerment partnership initiative aim at reducing the impact of COVID-19 pandemic unemployment.
It was derived that the COVID-19 pandemic is impacting the ability of young Nigerians to find work. Then this program was made open to the graduates who are talented to apply their expertise on the local job market.
All fellows who participated are to be equipped with world-class practical knowledge and relevant skills. Even when they have no job experience.
The federal government is set to change the narrative that world-class opportunities only exist outside Nigeria, to bridge the gap, Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme was created to equips the next generation of young leaders that may be in the leadership position to give the necessary tools needed to steer drive nation development in the future.
Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme is meant for qualified applicants across a level playing field without compromising the pedigree of organizations that will play host to successful Fellows.
Eligibility To Participate In The Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be a Nigerian citizen.
- Fresh graduate, not earlier than 2017, with a Bachelor’s Degree from any discipline.
- Graduate with at least a Second Class Lower (2.2) and above.
- Be at most 30 years old.
- Not currently engaged in any paid employment.
- Have completed the mandatory National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) OR have a certificate of exemption from the NYSC.
- Demonstrate interest/commitment in the chosen career field.
- Demonstrate interest/commitment to contributing to Nigeria’s socio-economic development.
- Have excellent time management and a professional attitude.
How to apply for the 2021 Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme
Any interested applicants to register on Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme
Portal, to begin your registration process you can click on this link njfp.ng.
All information requested must be filled correctly and make sure you preview before submitting, as the process can be undone after pressing the submit button.